Helping Students Make Their Dreams a Reality
ESSEC Ventures is the structure for ESSEC entrepreneurs. It consists of training programs, an incubator, a talent incubator, a dedicated seed fund and events that bring entrepreneurs and investors together.
Since its creation, ESSEC Ventures:
- 385 incubated projects
- 290 created companies
- 72%, 5-year survival rate (compared with 30% average)
- €70 million raised in equity by the startups
- 30 companies funded by the ESSEC Ventures seed fund
- 40 external partnership agreement signed
- €3 million managed by EVI fund
- €40 million of exemplary way out
- 70 prizes won by our startups in 2016 8,500 followers on social networks
ESSEC Ventures Students’ incubator
The ESSEC Ventures Incubator is located at the Cergy-Pontoise campus. It offers logistical and administrative support to student-launched startups.
The requirements for admission are the following:
- The project team must include at least one current ESSEC student (BBA, MBA and Specialized Master’s Programs)
- The project must have a fully designed business plan
- The average incubation period is 9 months but can be shortened or extended depending upon the start-up needs and/or arbitration of the Director.
The business incubator
The ESSEC startup nursery is located at the La Défense campus, in the heart of Paris’ business district. The nursery is for those startups that have already been launched and are in the development phase. Immersing startups in an ecosystem favorable to growth, the Nursery helps young firms develop by offering participants:
- comfortable open spaces in which to brainstorm,
- access to a network of business partners,
- one-on-one coaching, and synergies with various Executive Education programs.
ESSEC is also co-founder with Inserm, Ecole Paris Central, and the University of Paris V, of the Paris Biotech Health Incubator, specializing in the health and life sciences industries.
The Seed Fund
The ESSEC Ventures seed capital fund invests in selected projects with high growth potential during the early phase of development.