Do I have the profile that fits?
- Have you obtained or are currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, of which at least three years were completed outside of France*?
- do you have little or no graduate work experience?
* To be eligible to apply, your degree must have been awarded from a non-French institution and at least 3 years of the programme must have been completed outside of France. Candidates must be under 32 years old when applying.
The application deadlines
Click table to enlarge image.
STEP 1: Prepare the tests
As part of the application file, you will need to provide:
- a management aptitude test: GMAT or GRE (validity 5 years), Tage-Mage (validity 2 years) or CAT (validity 1 year)
- an English proficiency test: TOEIC Listening & Reading (minimum score of 850), IELTS (6.5), TOEFL iBT (90), Cambridge 175 (validity 2 years)
These can take several months to prepare and to register for an exam slot, so keep this in mind before starting your application as without these test scores, it will be incomplete.
Our institution codes are:
- GRE: 0839
- GMAT: select “ESSEC Business School - Graduate School of Management - MSc in Management”
- TOEFL: 0520
* The English test is not required if you are a native English speaker or have spent the last 3 years in an English speaking university.
STEP 2: Start your online application
The application form is to be filled in online. Create your account and then you will receive an email with your login and pin number. These are required each time you sign in so don’t lose them! You can fill in the application form at your ease and come back to it at any point.
STEP 3: Gather together the required supporting documents
Together with the online application form, you will need to provide official or authenticated copies of the following:
- your CV
- your motivation letter (1 page max.)
- Authenticated copies of all degrees obtained or a certificate of attendance if you have not yet graduated
- All official or authenticated copies of transcripts/grade sheets obtained at each of the colleges or universities attended, including exchange programmes (simple copies will not be accepted)
- 2 x recommendation letters which should be sent directly to the admissions team or provided in sealed envelopes (we recommend you provide 1 academic and 1 professional reference)
- Photocopy of your official English test score, if required
- Photocopy of your official management aptitude test
- A copy of your passport or national identity card
- 1 recent photograph glued to your printed out application form
All documents must be provided in English or French. Official translations will also have to be provided for documents in other languages.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
STEP 4: Submit & send your application
Once you have completed your online application and have attached all the supporting documents, the final step is to submit your online application.
Please keep in mind that there are 4 rounds of admissions. The deadlines to these admission rounds are to be confirmed shortly.
Please note that you will have to pay a nonrefundable application fee of €85.
Once you have submitted your application online, you will then need to print the PDF and send this together with the supporting documents by registered post to:
ESSEC Business School
MSc in Management International Admissions
3, avenue Bernard Hirsch
95021 Cergy-Pontoise Cedex
STEP 5: Check if you've been shortlisted
Your application will be fully studied by the admission committee. Each part of your application is taken into account. The result will then be published online and you can access this via your application summary.
STEP 6: Sit your interview
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to organise an interview either in person on the Cergy and Singapore campuses, at one of our regional offices when possible or via videoconference.
The interview* will last 45 minutes in front of a panel composed of at least two members. It is a classic motivational interview. The aim is for you to be able to demonstrate your motivation to join the program and the school and also get across your personality.
* Interview dates to be confirmed
STEP 7: Get your results
The jury will then deliberate on your overall application and decisions will be submitted to the Programme Director and ESSEC Admissions Committee. Results will be published online in your application summary.
If you have been successful, you will then be contacted by a member of the admissions team who will tell you how to go about confirming your place in the programme. This will include paying a non-refundable deposit of €4,000 which will then be deducted from your tuition fees.
During this time, you will have access to the successful applicant portal providing you with all the necessary information to prepare your arrival and studies as well as have the opportunity to meet fellow students, past and future.
Welcome to ESSEC!
Get in touch with a student
will be more than happy to answer
Sep 28QS World Grad School Tour in Dubai
Meet-up with Monique, our International Advisor for ESSEC's Master programs in Dubai16:00 | Dubai Sign up
Sep 29Study in France - Education Fair in Chandigarh
Meet-up with Doljit Pangging, our International Advisor in India!12:00 | Chandigarh, India Sign up
Oct 01Study in France - Education Fair in Chennai
Meet-up with Annegret Schulz, our International Advisor in India!11:00 | Chennai, India Sign up