We provide full financial support for four years, and 5th year support conditional on strong performance.
- Tuition fees waiver during all your studies
- Around € 23,000 per year for four years
- Possibility of an associate lecturer contract for your fifth year
- Conference budget provided your paper is accepted for presentation
- Overseas internship package
- External doctoral consortia and courses budget
Applying to our PhD Program
The program is open to excellent students from a variety of backgrounds: business and economics, engineering, hard sciences, psychology, sociology, philosophy, humanities, etc. You can complete the application process online, at your own pace, via a secured and personalized access.
- Fill in the online application form indicating university degrees and grades, including a statement of purpose
- Upload your official transcripts
- Upload certified copies of all your grades and university diplomas unless award of the degree is specified on your final official transcript
- Upload 3 letters of recommendation to be completed by faculty or research scholars (available in the Application on line procedure)
- Provide a high GMAT or GRE score (test taken within the past five years). Last year's cohort had an average GMAT of 700. The ETS code center for the ESSEC PhD Program is X 6R-91-50 (GMAT) and 0839 (GRE)
- The program being in English, applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL, for which the PhD program code is 0045
Tuition fees to the PhD Program amount to 10,000 euros per year for the first two years.
For students from the European Union, reduced tuition fees of 5,000 euros per year apply.
After the first two years, tuition fees for students in residence amount for 2,400 euros for year. An exceptional waiver of half this amount applies for periods of non-residence.
ESSEC offers a generous package of tuitions waiver, scholarships and conferences funding. If not funded by other sources (governments, foundations, etc.), admitted students are eligible to apply to the ESSEC package. No student is admitted without external or ESSEC funding.
|Final admission results|
|Round 1||January 15||February 15|
|Round 2||May 15||June 15|
Get in touch with a student
Bruno, current student,
will be more than happy to answer
Talk to our advisor
If you have any questions, please contact our expert for this program
Oct 22PhD Information Session & DocNet School Fair at SSE
On October 22, we throw our doors open and welcome you to visit and meet our representatives to learn more about our PhD programs during the DocNet Recruiting ...17:00 | Stockholm, Sweden Sign up
Oct 24PhD information session and school fair
Do you have a passion for economics, mathematics, computer science, psychology, sociology, acccounting or philosophy, and are you interested in a career in academia? We invite you to ...16:30 | Copenhagen, Denmark Sign up
Oct 26Consortium of Business Doctoral Programs
Discussion: Why a career in business academia? What does a PhD Programme in business/management entail? What do faculty look for in an applicant? An opportunity to meet representatives ...17:00 | London, United Kingdom Sign up