Since the beginning of the health crisis, the safety of the members of the ESSEC community has been our first priority. During this period, and despite the unprecedented nature of the situation, we ensured the continuity of our activities and of online instruction.
We are happy to be able to welcome our students and participants on campus in Cergy, La Défense, Singapore, and Rabat for the new school year. We have taken measures to ensure the safety of the ESSEC community, and will continue to update these measures according to the recommendations of the respective local governments.
For arrivals from a foreign country:
Students arriving from a country not on this list must take a virological test 7 days before departure.
If the test results are negative, on the day of your departure, write, sign and date a sworn statement of absence of epidemic symptoms which you are to give to the Registrar upon your arrival on campus.
Upon arrival at your place of residence: either voluntary quarantine for 14 days without any symptoms; or a minimum isolation period of seven days at the end of which you must take a virological test.
Wearing a mask is mandatory on all of our campuses in all common spaces and all circulation areas, including outside spaces.
Measures implemented on our campuses:
For our students from Cergy campus, resumption of classes is mostly following a dual system (alternating face-to-face instruction and distance learning on a weekly basis). Masks must be worn when attending class on campus. Pedagogical and plenary workshops will be organised to ensure complete compliance with health protocols. At the beginning of the school year, students have received detailed information on their schedule from their program director.
- All other face-to-face events (meetings, seminars, gatherings, colloquia) will be examined on a case-by-case basis and limited if necessary
- The 1 meter distancing rule must be met in all rooms and offices (plexiglass panels installed whenever necessary)
- For all student life events and activities, the permission from the Student Life Department is required, at least one month ahead of time
- Catering will resume at the beginning of the school year in conformity with strict health rules
For continuing education participants, the La Défense campus has been open since June 17th. The sanitary protocol has been implemented to welcome our participants and business partners in the best possible conditions and while respecting physical distancing. Wearing a mask is mandatory on all of the campus, including in common areas and shared offices.
On our ESSEC Asia-Pacific campus in Singapore, a large number of students, unable to travel, will attend courses virtually. Students who are in Singapore can go to campus and must respect the entry protocol implemented according to the guidelines from the Singaporian authorities.
On our ESSEC Africa campus in Morocco, the guidelines of the National Education and Higher Education Ministry have been implemented for the return to campus. The campus hosted the BCE examinations at the beginning of July, which allowed for a trial run of the sanitary protocol so that students can return under the best possible conditions in September.
General rules - Hygiene measures and sanitary protocol:
- Temperature checks at the entrance of the campus
- Masks must be worn by everyone in all areas of the campus (corridors, classrooms, cafeteria, etc.)
- Always maintain at least 1 meter distance between yourself and others
- Use hydroalcoholic gel which is provided free of charge throughout the campus (especially before using the coffee machine, before and after opening a door, etc.)
- Wash your hands regularly with soap
- Avoid touching your face
- Do not kiss or shake hands
- Cover your nose / mouth when sneezing
- Open the windows of all classrooms and offices at least 10 minutes per hour
- Limit contact with others
- Avoid gathering in groups
- Respect “one-way” flow protocols while maintaining a physical distance of at least 1 meter at all times
- Respect all designated locations for seating
- Respect the capacity limits of all classrooms or offices as indicated by the signs