[Updated October 30, 2020]
Since the beginning of the health crisis, the safety of the members of the ESSEC community has been our first priority. During this period, and despite the unprecedented nature of the situation, we have ensured the continuity of our activities and of online instruction. ESSEC continues to constantly adapt its response to the Covid-19 epidemic, in accordance with the recommendations of public authorities.
As a reminder, wearing a mask and respecting social distancing are mandatory on all of our campuses, whether they are open or closed for students and participants.
- On our Cergy and La Défense campuses in France:
Given the recent sharp increase in the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in France, the President of the Republique, Emmanuel Macron, announced new measures to contain the spread of the virus in an address to the nation.
This includes a new lockdown and measures that impact the higher education sector, including ESSEC. Consequently, in order to ensure the health of the members of our community, as of tomorrow, Friday, October 30th:
- All of our pre- and post-experience programs will be held 100% online and the Cergy and La Défense campuses will be closed to students until further notice.
- Remote work will become the norm for all professors and staff members as of tomorrow, with some exceptions for those whose jobs are essential to the functioning of the campus for example.
- On our ESSEC Asia-Pacific campus in Singapore:
After having delivered courses online since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic in March 2020, ESSEC APAC has started welcoming students on campus starting from the end of August 2020. With the easing of travel restrictions by the Singaporean government, students were able to get their visas and fly from their home countries to Singapore in September and early October. By mid-November 2020, more than 75 % of our 435 students will have joined their program at our Nepal Hill campus in Singapore. We continue to teach most of the classes from the campus and all classes with online participation are conducted with dual mode of teaching to allow both online and in class participants to not only follow classes but also actively participate in learning experience.
- On our ESSEC Africa campus in Morocco:
The guidelines of the National Education and Higher Education Ministry have been implemented for the return to campus. The campus hosted the BCE examinations at the beginning of July, which allowed for a trial run of the sanitary protocol so that students can return under the best possible conditions in September.
- General rules - Hygiene measures and sanitary protocol:
- Temperature checks at the entrance of the campus
- Masks must be worn by everyone in all areas of the campus (corridors, classrooms, cafeteria, etc.)
- Always maintain at least 1 meter distance between yourself and others
- Use hydroalcoholic gel which is provided free of charge throughout the campus (especially before using the coffee machine, before and after opening a door, etc.)
- Wash your hands regularly with soap
- Avoid touching your face
- Do not kiss or shake hands
- Cover your nose / mouth when sneezing
- Open the windows of all classrooms and offices at least 10 minutes per hour
- Limit contact with others
- Avoid gathering in groups
- Respect “one-way” flow protocols while maintaining a physical distance of at least 1 meter at all times