Four leading European Business Schools have decided to move forward with a new cooperation project for their Master’s in Business and Management students: Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, ESSEC Business School, France, IE University, Spain and University of Mannheim Business School, Germany joined forces in order to enable their students to learn more about Europe, its politics and its corporate world.
The overall goal of the network is to accelerate Europe’s political and social unity as well its economic strength for the well-being of Europe and its people and to make use of the strengths of European diversity. The new exchange cooperation will be launched this spring so that interested students can apply for the EMT during the upcoming summer and autumn of 2021.
Next year, in August 2022, the first cohort will start their studies in Brussels with an introduction seminar. After getting to know each other and having learned more about the European institutions, Europe’s politics, history and societies, the students will head to their exchange campuses at the respective partner schools for the fall semester 2022.
Each School will offer a specific specialisation track in sought-after business subjects taught by top-notch researchers of their fields. Subjects represented will include topics such as International Finance, Sustainability in Governance and Investments, Entrepreneurship & Negotiations and Sourcing Excellence. A final get-together of students and professors including an exchange of newly generated ideas and learning results will form the capstone to the European Management Track before students graduate from their home schools. The institutions will award a joint programme certificate to each student.
"Our objectives with the European Management Track (EMT) are to encourage our students to mobility and cultural immersion across Europe. In addition to discovering a new part of Europe, the participants have the possibility to specialize in the expertise of each of the four participating institutions. The breadth of expertise covered by the EMT partner institutions is a particular strength of this new European collaboration", declares Felix Papier, Dean of Pre-Experience Programs at ESSEC Business School.
Copenhagen Business School
- Nr 5 worldwide in the QS World University Ranking Master of Management 2020, Nr 29 worldwide in Times Higher Education ranking by subject Business & Economics 2020 and Nr 30 in Europe in Financial Times European Business School ranking 2020
- approx. 20,000 students, 764 permanent faculty, 772 part time faculty
- International Outreach: Accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA; 295 partner universities, CBS is the Danish member of CEMS – The Global Alliance in Management Education and a member of Partnership in International Management (PIM)
- Founded in 1917, Full provider in Bachelor/Master/MBA/Executive Education/Doctoral Programs
- Contact persons: Professor Annette Risberg, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Advisor Mette Kloch, (email@example.com)
ESSEC Business School
- Nr 3 worldwide in the 2020 FT Master in Management ranking
- 6,000 full-time students and 5,000 executives trained every year; extensive network of 60,000 alumni
- International Outreach: accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA; 205 partner universities; international presence with campuses in France, Singapore and Morocco
- Founded in 1907, Full provider in Bachelor/Master/MBA/Executive Education/Doctoral Programs
- Contact person: Vitaline Gomes, Head of External Communications and Media Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IE Business School
- Nr 6 worldwide QS MIM Ranking. Nr 25 worldwide FT Ranking. Nr 12 FT Business School Ranking
- IE University has 6820 university students (including 4275 BS students). Network of 66,000 alumni
- International Outreach: accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA . 47 different nationalities in the MIM. 140 in total on IE University´s campus
- Founded in 1973, full provider in Business & Management (Bachelor/Master/MBA/Executive Education/Doctoral Programs).
- Contact person: Víctor Cantavella MIM, MIF & GMIF Executive Director (email@example.com)
University of Mannheim, Business School
- Nr 1 in Germany (39 worldwide) in the 2021 Times Higher Education Ranking and Nr 1 in Germany (54 worldwide) in the 2021 QS World University Ranking (Business and Management)
- 4000 full time students, 37 full professors, 250 faculty members
- International Outreach: accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA . 200 partner universities, large range of international opportunities
- Founded in 1907, full provider in Business & Management (Bachelor/Master/MBA/Executive Education/Doctoral Programs)
- Contact person: Dr. Liane Weitert, Head of Communications and Corporate Relations, (firstname.lastname@example.org)