We provide full financial support for four years, and 5th year support conditional on strong performance.
- Tuition fees waiver during all your studies
- Around € 23,000 living allowance per year for four years
- Possibility of an associate lecturer contract for your fifth year
- Conference budget provided your paper is accepted for presentation
- Overseas internship package
- External doctoral consortia and courses budget
of the system
|Online admission results|
|Round 1||October 30, 2021||January 15, 2022||February 15, 2022|
|Round 2||January 16, 2022||May 1, 2022||June 1, 2022|
Your Ph.D. Supervisor is selected officially only during the second year of your Ph.D., based on the research interests you will have developed by then. Although it is useful (and recommended) to scan the research interests of current faculty at ESSEC, it is not necessary to contact them before you have been accepted in the program. Admission decisions are collegial. If you believe your research interests may match well with those of current faculty, please mention it in your motivation letter.
Applying to our PhD Program
The program is open to excellent students from a variety of backgrounds: business and economics, engineering, hard sciences, psychology, sociology, philosophy, humanities, etc. You can complete the application process online, at your own pace, via a secured and personalized access.
- Fill in the online application form indicating university degrees and grades, including a statement of purpose and your Curriculum Vitae
- Upload your official transcripts
- Upload certified copies of all your grades and university diplomas unless award of the degree is specified on your final official transcript
- Upload 3 letters of recommendation to be completed by faculty or research scholars (available in the Application online procedure). Please ask you referees to check their spam/junk folder if they do not receive the recommendation request from ESSEC
- Provide a high GMAT or GRE score (test taken within the past five years). Last year's cohort had an average GMAT of 700. The ETS code center for the ESSEC PhD Program is X 6R-91-50 (GMAT) and 0839 (GRE)
- The program being in English, applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL, for which the PhD program code is 0045. IELTS is also accepted.
Tuition fees to the PhD Program amount to 10,000 euros per year for the first two years.
For students from the European Union, reduced tuition fees of 5,000 euros per year apply.
After the first two years, tuition fees for students in residence amount for 2,400 euros for year. An exceptional waiver of half this amount applies for periods of non-residence.
ESSEC offers a generous package of tuitions waiver, scholarships and conferences funding. If not funded by other sources (governments, foundations, etc.), admitted students are eligible to apply to the ESSEC package. No student is admitted without external or ESSEC funding.