ESSEC Business School develops quality research in the field of operations management, service management and innovation.
In the field of the supply chain, the research activities of the Operations Management Department are focused on the definition of strategies and coordination mechanisms across the economic, informational, operational and environmental dimensions.
The department addresses other important research issues including:
- the design of effective production and physical distribution strategies,
- the optimal planning of the capacities, the organization of the global logistics, the optimal management of the purchases and stocks,
- the management of innovation and the management of services.
Within the framework of Operations Management and Operational Research cluster (OMOR), the department organizes seminars during which renowned experts expose their research in the field of operations management and operations research.
Members of the Operations Management Department publish in leading scientific journals such as Operations Research, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, Annals of Operations Research, International Journal of Production Economics, IIE Transactions, Transportation Science, etc.
The Operations Management department is active in the following fields:
- Supply chain management and logistics,
- Production and quality management,
- Purchasing management,
- New production development and service planning.
Its Faculty members teach in all of ESSEC’s full-time programs as well as in the ESSEC Executive Education part-time programs.
Information and contact
Jennifer Rodrigues da Silva, Tel. +33 (0) 1 34 43 32 08