Become a Leader in the Hospitality Industry
Build upon a strong legacy in Hospitality Management
With 40 years of experience in hospitality management, ESSEC offers a unique experience with the renowned MSc in Hospitality Management (IMHI). Originally named Institut de Management Hôtelier International (IMHI), the program was initially created in 1981 as a joint venture between Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration and Essec Business School, a partnership that lasted for 25 years.
Broaden your career horizons
Recognized worldwide as a leading hospitality management program, the MSc in Hospitality Management (IMHI) is designed to prepare the next generation of young professionals to become leaders in the various areas of tourism and hospitality. Both demanding and rewarding, this incredible learning experience will add a whole new dimension to your career.
1 Degree, 2 Tracks
At ESSEC we offer the MSc in Hospitality Management for different stages of your career - whether you are an ambitious young professional or a mid-career executive:
- 2-year track: You are a young professional with at least 1 year of experience, including your internships, desiring to take your career to the next level, discover the various sectors of the Hospitality Industry and join a global network.
- 1-year track: You are an accomplished professional, leader or entrepreneur with minimum 5 years of real-world experience willing to advance your career, expand your network and acquire a deep knowledge of the Hospitality Industry.
Live and learn in France and the US
Taking place near Paris, the program gives you the opportunity to study and work in the United States. IMHI students can choose to study in Boston and complete an internship in the US to receive a graduate certificate from Boston University School of Hospitality Administration (SHA).
What makes the program unique?
ESSEC’s World Class International Faculty
You will have the privilege of being taught by ESSEC’s world renowned faculty, which is comprised of more than 135 individuals, representing 35 nationalities and coming from the world’s most prestigious institutions.
You will also have the opportunity to regularly participate in classes and seminars led by experts that are recognized internationally and in different fields of hospitality for their research interests and teaching specializations, as well as by senior executives from partner companies.
Design your own learning experience - choose between 6 concentrations
With your career objectives in mind, you can choose between six specializations:
- Digital Leadership: In today’s digital world, travel and hospitality are within the top services sold online. This concentration focuses on developing the skills and competencies necessary to work in this highly complex field, whether it be the hotel indistry or OTA.
- Real Estate & Development: The increasingly financial nature of the hospitality business and the growing importance of asset management in corporate strategy both give rise to new challenges in the real estate sector. Prepare yourself to work in such dynamic roles by enhancing your knowledge of real estate finance and related issues.
- Entrepreneurship: Taught in collaboration with ESSEC Ventures, this concentration provides the tools, knowledge, and support for students interested in developing their own project or company.
- Luxury Services Management: By offering specialized courses on luxury hotel operations, branding, and hotel concept development, this concentration focuses on brand management in the luxury hospitality sector.
- Sustainability: Created to answer to the current need for a new set of skills among hospitality managers to include new perspectives and business practices, that take the environmental and social aspects of any business decision and their financial dimension into account. This concentration equips participants to manage sustainable actions in the tourism, travel & hospitality industry in a very practical way
- Food & Beverage: This concentration will give you all the necessary management core concepts and skills to plan, organize and control food service operations
Related article: ESSEC’S IMHI Program: The Best of Both Worlds, in 6 Unique Ways
1 year track
2 year track