Where are our alumni now?
40% enter the job market
- 87% of students find a job within 6 months of graduation
- 68% work in an international environment
- Average starting salary of €49,000
- Major sectors where our graduates work: ICT (Information & Communication Technology), Luxury, Audit & Consulting, Business & Distribution, Food Processing, and Finance.
- Their principal job functions are spread out as such:
60% pursue a Master's degree
- At ESSEC in one of our Masters or Advanced Masters: Master in Management, Master in Data Science and Business Analytics, Master in Finance, Advanced Master Strategy and Management of International Business (SMIB), MSc in Hospitality Management (IMHI), MSc in Marketing Management & Digital.
- Or in the most prestigious universities worldwide such as Warwick Business School, London School of Economics, London Business School, Bocconi University, National University of Singapore (NUS), IE Business School, INSEAD, Sciences Po Paris, HSG St. Gallen, Stanford University, University of Sydney, etc.
NEW 2021 - Bachelor-to-Master network (B2M)
ESSEC Cergy and Asia-Pacific campuses and 5 leading business schools from three different continents have created the Bachelor-to-Master (B2M) network. The objective of B2M is to encourage global mobility for students in management education by facilitating the members’ respective bachelor students to pursue their studies with a master degree at another member institution. The B2M network provides individual support, waiver of application fees and other advantages such as a guaranteed invitation to admission interviews for some partners for 20-30 highly selected undergraduate students from each B2M member school, who wish to pursue their studies in a top master program.
In partnership with IE Business School (Spain), School of Business and Management of The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (Hong Kong, China), Smith School of Business of Queen’s University at Kingston (Canada), University of Mannheim Business School (Germany) and Warwick Business School (United Kingdom).
9% create their own companies
Since its creation, ESSEC has always cultivated a spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation, which lies at the very core of its educational approach, research, and managerial practices.
- ESSEC Ventures is a structure that supports ESSEC students with business projects. It consists of an incubator, a talent incubator, and a seed fund. It also organizes numerous events bringing together entrepreneurs and investors.
Learn more about ESSEC Ventures
- Antropia ESSEC is a structure that supports ESSEC students with social enterprise projects so that social, environmental, and economic considerations can come together to create a better world.
Learn more about Antropia ESSEC
- Our alumni with entrepreneurial talents include:
- Corinne Vigreux, Class of 1987, Founder of “Tom-Tom”
- Patrick Dalsace, Class of 1999, Creator of “La Fourchette”
- Nicolas Wolfovski, Class of 2009, Creator of “La Fabrique du Sur-Mesure”
- Louis Bataille and Guillaume Caffin, Class of 2011, Creators of “Les Deux Gourmands”
Your career starts now!
Receive support, advice and career guidance from our professionals
ESSEC Career Services
Throughout your time at ESSEC, the Career Services will accompany you in defining your career plan and facilitating your entry into the professional world.
Through the support of the Career Services team, you will be able to:
- Learn more about yourself and enhance your experiences.
- Explore career opportunities, reflect and develop your personal and professional project.
- Define your internship/job search strategy and prepare yourself for numerous recruitment events through coaching with specialists.
- Prepare your CV, LinkedIn profile and cover letter in an impactful manner, and develop your network efficiently.
- Prepare for different types of job interviews through role-playing exercises (pitching) and learn to position yourself well during salary negotiations.
Meeting with professionals and recruitment opportunities
In addition to the offers received and shared with all the major business schools, the Career Services team receives more than 16,000 internships, apprenticeship and VIE offers each year, and more than 6,000 job offers and exclusive Graduate Program offers, both in France and internationally.
The Career Services team organizes numerous recruitment events and puts you in direct contact with your future employer(s):
- Networking: +500 professional meetings
- Company presentations, business conferences, recruitment sessions, workshops, master classes and internationally-themed weeks.
This recruitment fair brings together around hundred companies. You will establish contacts with companies from all sectors of activity, such as: Air Liquide, Amazon, Bouygues, Carrefour, Ekimetrics, Groupe Casino, Henkel, L’Oréal, LVMH, Metro, Orange, Saint-Gobain, Le Groupe TF1, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, Unilever, Vinci, etc.
Start-up & Innovative Companies Fair
This fair brings together start-ups for a pitch and speed recruiting day.
ESSEC Alumni: a powerful network for life!
When you join ESSEC Business School, you join a community: yours! You will discover within the community, the power of the ESSEC network.
ESSEC Alumni already has 62,000 graduates with diverse profiles dispersed in all corners of the world. With unique personalities, they share a common goal, to achieve their career objectives.
As you enter ESSEC, you become a member of ESSEC Alumni and you remain one forever. This is, in principle, the lifetime membership, that ESSEC has been the first French Business School with a global reach to put in place.
At each step, before and after your course, ESSEC Alumni allows you to:
- find an internship or a job in France or abroad
- manage your professional progression
- switch career paths become entrepreneurs or independent consultants
- facilitate exchange with professionals with common goals
- maintain contact with your cohort and the community.
Get in touch with a student
Sojoung, Sagarika, Ali, Simón, Devisha, Peiqi, Youngsol, Asad, Eloïse, Chengxiang and Nour,
current students, will be more than happy to answer your questions.
Talk to our advisor
Discuss your professional & individual goals and find out if this program is right for you.
Find out more
Ready to join us...
Feb 04ESSEC Open Day 2023 - Cergy Campus
ESSEC OPEN DAY | Join us on Cergy Campus - Saturday 4th of February 2023 - to discover our pre-experience programs (Bachelors, Masters) and interact with academic directors, ...09:00 | Cergy-Pontoise Campus Sign up